Welcome to Bariatric & Laparoscopy Center
Since the beginning of time, food and water have been essential elements for the survival of mankind. Unfortunately today, maintaining the proper nutrition may be difficult for some. There are people among us who are "dying to eat" and "eating to die." .
Obesity can lead to medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, heartburn and certain types of cancer.
Currently 67% of American adults are affected by an illness that is steadily on the rise and is also starting to strike the younger population. Obesity, defined as a Body Mass Index of 30 and above or Morbid Obesity being 80-100 lbs. over one's ideal body weight, is now one of the leading causes of preventable death in the United States.
It is unfortunate, but only one in 20 people will ever be able to achieve long-term successful weight loss through proper nutrition and exercise. The remaining 95% will struggle with a perpetual cycle of short-term weight loss and weight gain. As a last resort for this population of patients, weight loss surgery may be the solution.
We take great pride in our State of the Art Multidisciplinary Bariatric Program. Bariatric Surgery is not something to be taken lightly. Our Bariatric Program will meet your needs every step of the way to a healthy and productive life. Bariatric & Laparoscopy Center offers a comprehensive program for long-term weightloss. Our care for you begins before and continues after surgery. It includes:
- Personal Consultation and Evaluation by our Medical Staff
- Pre-Surgical Medical Examination
- Pre-Surgical Educational group Consultation
- Pre-Approval Guide and a dedicated team that will help you along the approval process
- Surgery performed by Bariatric & Laparoscopy Center Surgeon
- Post-operative recovery in a caring environment designed specifically for Bariatric patients
- Nutritional education and counseling to help aid your recovery and reinforce new eating habits
- Ongoing medical check-ups to monitor your health and weight-loss success
- Support group meetings with your peers for information and support
- Counseling to prepare you for the new life you'll face as you lose weight
No other program can bring the peace of mind that you’ll find with our leading surgical weight-loss program. Improving the way bariatric care is delivered is a top priority for Dr. Jawad and Dr. Teixeira, we are a patient-first practice dedicated to providing comprehensive health care. We offer years of experience to give the best care and service to our patients whenever they need us.